When you team up to end MS, you become an unstoppable force. Whether you create or join a team, you’ll make memories that last a lifetime. Start rallying those around you for an incredible experience.
Kris and Chelsea from the KIK-FM Morning Show spoke with MS advocate, Sandi Domine, who started her journey with multiple sclerosis when she was barely a teenager. “I was working and riding at the Arrowood Stables. I went from being able to swing up on a horse’s back with no saddle to struggling to get on at all. It’s hard to admit when you have something wrong with your body. It’s an auto immune disease of the central nervous system where your body attacks itself. There isn’t a cure for it…yet. These funds are crucial for research, slowing the progression down and providing resources for those with MS and their caregivers! If you can’t walk, find a team to donate too. It’ll make their day!”
Walk MS: Alexandria may look a little different this year – but why we walk remains the same. While we will not gather in person in 2021, you can still end MS, your way.
Walk with your friends and family around your neighborhood or gather your team for a socially distanced stroll through the park. No matter your route, you can tailor Walk MS for you through exciting and new ways to connect and celebrate.
Join your Walk MS: Alexandria 2021 community for this year’s unique #walkMS! While we will not gather in person in 2021, you can still end MS, your way. Visit the Walk Details page to start walking your way toward a world free of MS.
- Visit the National and Local Sponsor Booths – check out goodies and resources our wonderful sponsors have for you.
- Walk over to the Living with MS Tent – find Society support, resources, events and programs, from support groups to MS experts, to help you live your best life with MS.
- Celebrate 75 Years of Progress – see how far we’ve come in changing the world for people living with MS.
- See What’s Happening in Your Community – find your state on the map (bottom right on the screen), then Walk MS: Alexandria to see top fundraisers, team rankings and a special kickoff video.
- Save and Collect in Your Backpack – find the “backpack” icon on the bottom navigation. As you explore and visit booths, you can “save” resources like sponsor resources, upcoming programs and videos from your local Walk MS staff to your backpack to review at another time!
Share on Social Media
Use #walkMS and #MoveForwardYourWay to share your Walk MS journey on social media everything from team T-shirts, your virtual Walk MS Bib to your fundraising progress!
Use the Walk MS App
This powerful tool will keep you connected to the MS community and raise awareness on event day.
- Finish a Challenge, Earn a Badge – Get involved in fun challenges on the Walk MS App and earn badges (be sure to share your accomplishments on social media).
- Deposit Checks – On the day of Walk MS: Alexandria, make a big fundraising push! When you receive a check, use the quick and easy check deposit feature on the App so that it goes directly to your fundraising progress.
- Track Your Steps – Track and share your steps because every step leads to something greater.
Tailor Walk MS for You
We have tons of resources and support to help you move forward your way.
- Walk Your Route – Wherever it is: at a park, a treadmill in your basement or in your neighborhood all routes lead to a world free of MS.
- Access Our Library of Resource – From fundraising ideas to team resources, Walk MS has your back.
- Connect with the Society – Reach out to your dedicated Walk MS: Alexandria team for support in reaching your goals, whatever they may be! You can also reach out to Fundraising Support any time at FundraisingSupport@nmss.org or 855-372-1331.