Alexandria Industries hosted its 15th Annual Fishing For the Cure Ice Fishing Tournament on Smith Lake (Douglas County), Feb. 19, 2022. The results are in, shattering our fundraising goal and making this a record year!
#1 – The event raised: $93,700!
#2 – Total participants: 1,358 people; including 256 children 12 years old and younger – the most kid participants ever!
Our raffle drawing (held directly after tournament end) awarded winning ticket holders the following prizes.
- Ice Castle 2021 Mille Lacs LT Fish House ($24,500 value) – Katie Kelly
- 2021 Can Am 450 ERI Four-Wheeler ($7,144 value) – Eric Lewis
- X200 Pro Thermal Clam Fish House and Hjelle Arc Custom Spear Combo ($2,149.99 value) – Kim Carlson
- Honda EU2200i Generator ($1,199 value) – Trevor Schiele
- Polaris Generator ($799 value) – Tim Abell
- Strikemaster Lithium 24V 8” Ice Auger ($399 value) – Derek Steidl
- 70” 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV ($398 value) – Ken Marthaler
- Big Buddy Heater ($171.75 value) – Connor Quinn
- 50/50 Cash Prize ($3,599) – Kassody Eddy
- Every child 12 years old and younger with an entry ticket received a prize – a Zebco summer fishing rod and reel.
See tournament participants awarded PRIZES for the top 100 fish, in two categories, by largest weight and time registered, here.
100% of the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Douglas County!
About Fishing For the Cure
Inspired by a small group of Alexandria Industries employees, the Fishing For the Cure Ice Fishing Challenge is about everyday people making a difference in the fight against cancer. At its first event held in 2007, 112 people fished and raised $620. In 2022, 1,358 people participated in the tournament, including 256 kids age 12 or younger. The event raised $93,700 for the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Douglas County. The Fishing For the Cure event has now generated nearly $500,000 in donations to help find a cure for cancer since it began. Details available on www.fishingforthecure.net or Facebook – Fishing For the Cure.
About Alexandria Industries
Alexandria Industries makes the parts that go into products people see and use every day. The company manufactures aluminum extrusions, precision machined products, heatsinks, and plastic injection and foam-molded components, as well as finishing, welding and assembly services for its customers. Headquartered in Alexandria, Minn., Alexandria Industries has manufacturing locations in Minnesota, Indiana and Texas. See us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Media Relations Contact: Patty Hoffman (320) 762-7691 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Contacts: Robbie Betterman (320) 491-7205; email@example.com
Nancy Waldorf (320) 808-1932; firstname.lastname@example.org