Douglas County Services Location Changes
Auditor/Treasurer and License Bureau Move
Alexandria, MN — Douglas County residents will be visiting a new location for certain services effective September 15, 2021. The Douglas County Administration building, located at 822 Douglas Street, is now open.
“We are pleased with the successful renovation of a well-known building in our community,” said Douglas County Board Chairman Jerry Rapp. “This location offers ample parking, a license bureau on the main level, and an easy-to-access area for paying taxes and conducting other county business.”
Parking is available on the west side of the building which is accessed off of Cedar Street.
The following services are now located in the Administration Building:
- Auditor Treasurer
- License Bureau
- Coordinator’s Office
All phone numbers and emails to the relocated offices will remain the same. A tax payment drop box will be located at the entrance on the west side. A conveniently located drive-thru drop box is also available in the parking lot. Those able to conduct county business without a face-to-face interaction never have to leave their vehicles. This drop box is ideal for:
- Tab renewals
- Property tax payments
The University of Minnesota Extension Office also recently relocated. It is now open in the northwest wing on the second level of the Douglas County Courthouse at 305 8th Avenue W. U of M Extension houses 4-H, Horticulture and Master Gardeners. Staff phone numbers and emails remain the same.
The county board meeting on September 21 will be held in the courthouse at 305 8th Avenue. More information will be forthcoming on when the commissioners will begin meeting in the Administration Building.
Alexandria Chamber Duffers Delight winners crowned
The Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce held its 29th Duffers Delight Golf Tournament on Monday, June 7th at Alexandria Golf Club. More than 200 people gathered for a day of fun, networking and golf, including 36 golf teams and 42 sponsors. The event is the main fundraiser for the Chamber, supporting its mission to promote the Alexandria Lakes Area as the ultimate destination to live, work, play and prosper. The event’s Title Sponsor is Innovative Builders, Inc.
The tournament featured sponsors at nearly every tee and green and three hole-in-one opportunities including a $5,000 cash prize sponsored by Alomere Health, $10,000 cash prize sponsored by Glenwood State Bank and $25,000 toward a vehicle sponsored by Alexandria Motors, Diamond Buick GMC and Juettner Motors. Unfortunately, there were no hole-in-one winners this year. Other major sponsors include: H Boyd Nelson, Inc., Massman, LLC and Winning Edge Graphics, Inc.
This year’s tournament winners include the following:
- Champion and Skins Winner: Bell Bank. Team members: Robb Buttweiler, Buttweilers Do All, Inc.; Jeff Patience, Bell Bank; Derek Swedberg, Swedberg Wood Products; and Eddie Reif, Alomere Health.
- 2nd Place: Party of Fore. Team members: Michelle Nessman, Elite; Tyler Golberg, CYBERsprout; Matt Good, Prime Attachments; and Ashton Hagen, Bloom Marketing.
- 3rd Place: Ellingson Plumbing, Heating, A/C & Electrical. Team members: Ryan Hjelle, Ellingsons; Shane Johnston, Ellingsons; Wade Nibbe, Alexandria Public Schools; and Bob Teclaw, SunOpta.
- Putting Contest winners: 1st – Rick Johnson, Brophy Bay Gas Mart; 2nd – Dalen Gosseling, Hanson Communications; 3rd – Jeff Roquette, Prime Attachments.
- Red Ball Game Winner: Birds of a Feather. Stacey Doege, Finances Made Simple; Robin Doege, Stearns Electric Association; Barb Lind, Lind Family Funeral & Cremation Service; and Curt Lind, Lind Family Funeral & Cremation Service.
NOTE: Photo attached of the Champion Team. Cutline: The 2021 Duffers Delight Golf Tournament Champion team is Bell Bank. Team members include (left to right) Robb Buttweiler, Buttweilers Do All, Inc., Jeff Patience, Bell Bank; Derek Swedberg, Swedberg Wood Products, Inc.; Eddie Reif, Alomere Health.
For more information on Chamber events, visit www.alexandriamn.org/eventsandprograms.