Lots of significant progress has taken place at the Interstate 94/Highway 27 interchange! Concrete paving was completed at the westbound ramps (WB roundabout), and crews wrapped up paving at the eastbound ramps (EB roundabout) last Tuesday.
While the concrete cures, crews will be finishing installing sidewalks and will begin shaping the shoulders to get them ready for paving this week. In addition, the electrical contractor is on-site, getting bases and wires ready for the lighting installation.
The interchange is expected to reopen in early July.
- Storm sewer replacements (EB & WB roundabouts)
- Concrete paving (EB & WB roundabouts)
- Sidewalk installation (EB & WB roundabouts)
- Shoulder work and shoulder paving (EB & WB aroundabouts)
- Turf establishment (EB & WB roundabouts)
Depending on your direction of travel, you’ll use I-94 as part of the detour route to/from Highway 27 or County Road 46:
The work is isolated to the interchange ramps, so residents, businesses and visitors will always be able to access driveways and entrances on Highway 27 and County Roads 45/46 up to the work zone.
- Visit the project website to learn more about this project at the I-94/Highway 27/County Road 45/46 interchange.
- Contact Douglas County Public Works for more information about road construction planned this summer on county highways.
- Learn about other MnDOT projects in west central Minnesota, including the I-94 westbound concrete resurfacing project that’s scheduled to begin in July.