By now, you’re probably SO SICK of communicating on Zoom. When your Zoom get-together lacks direction, it can be just plain awkward. You spend most of the time saying whose audio isn’t working or discussing what you ate for lunch, or griping about the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic.
At some point, there needs to be some fun back in our lives. Although I definitely didn’t come up with this game, of course, I did make a formula that worked on Zoom. My husband and 5 other couples played “The Newlywed Game!” Some of us have been married a long time, others recently hitched, and one couple is not married. There were 30 questions, and we laughed and talked so much while playing – that we played from 7pm to 10pm. It was a BLAST. We took a quick break about every 5 questions, and for some reason – we all switched glasses and hats, and we had one friend doing full costume changes, from Santa to a unicorn. It was hilarious!
Keep in mind, that some of the questions are a bit risque – so you have to know who you’re playing with and eliminate those questions if they’re not appropriate for the crowd. Also, we drank cocktails but you certainly don’t need to for this to be fun. The instructions are below if you want to give it a go! I am currently working on a Parents vs. Kids game, so stay tuned!
Be well and find joy-
P.S. Of course you can use other another video conferencing system other than Zoom, but it seems everyone – even my in-laws – are using it. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, or don’t know how to get it, here is the link: https://zoom.us/
ZOOM NEWLYWED GAME
Get pieces of paper and write your answers to these SECRETLY AND INDIVIDUALLY! Please write big and legibly, preferably with marker, so we can see easily when you hold up in front of the camera. Half-sheet size works best. Put the question numbers on the back of each sheet, and stack your answers upside-down IN ORDER with 1 on top, so you can have them facing down and stay on the same question. One person will be the host, asking the questions of each couple, but the order can vary. Optional: Every time your answer doesn’t match your partner’s – DRINK! The team with the most matching questions WINS!
Do not discuss any questions or answers with your partner before we play or you’re a CHEATER, CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER and basically will take all of the fun out of it!
(Regardless of whether you’re actually married – we’re going to refer to the girl as WIFEY and the man as HUBBY. In the case of a same-sex couple, the couple decides who gets which role title.)
1. WHICH OF YOU SAID “I LOVE YOU” TO THE OTHER FIRST?
2. WHAT IS WIFEY’S WORST HABIT?
3. WHAT IS HUBBY’S WORST HABIT?
4. WHAT IS HUBBY’S FAVORITE BAND/ARTIST?
5. WHO IS WIFEY’S FAVORITE BAND/ARTIST?
6. WHAT EX’S NAME GETS BROUGHT UP THE MOST IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD?
7. WHAT WAS WIFEY’S HIGH SCHOOL MASCOT?
8. WHAT WAS HUBBY’S HIGH SCHOOL MASCOT?
9. WHAT IS WIFEY’S BIGGEST FEAR?
10. WHAT IS HUBBY’S BIGGEST FEAR?
11. WHAT IS HUBBY’S BIGGEST PET PEEVE?
12. WHERE WAS HUBBY’S FIRST JOB?
13. WHERE WAS WIFEY’S FIRST JOB?
14. WHAT IS WIFEY’S FAVORITE SHOW TO BINGE-WATCH?
15. WHAT IS HUBBY’S FAVORITE SHOW TO BINGE-WATCH?
16. WHAT MOVIE MAKES WIFEY CRY?
17. WHAT MOVIE MAKES HUBBY CRY?
18. WHAT HOUSEHOLD CHORE DOES WIFEY HATE THE MOST?
19. WHAT HOUSEHOLD CHORE DOES HUBBY HATE THE MOST?
20. WHAT IS WIFEY’S GO-TO KARAOKE SONG?
21. WHAT IS HUBBY’S GO-TO KARAOKE SONG?
22. WHAT IS WIFEY’S DREAM TRAVEL DESTINATION?
23. WHAT IS HUBBY’S DREAM TRAVEL DESTINATION?
24. WHO WAS WIFEY’S CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
25. WHO WAS HUBBY’S CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
26. WHAT IS WIFEY’S STRONGEST EROGENOUS ZONE?
27. WHAT IS HUBBY’S STRONGEST EROGENOUS ZONE?
28. WHAT IS HUBBY’S SHOE SIZE?
29. WHAT IS WIFEY’S BRA SIZE?
30: 2-PART QUESTION (1 POINT FOR EACH MATCH)
WIFEY LIKES TO HAVE HER __________ MASSAGED, BUT CAN’T STAND TO HAVE HER ________ TOUCHED!