Local Burger King restaurants are closing after the owner declared bankruptcy. Meridian Restaurants filed for bankruptcy back in March. According to Restaurant Business magazine, the company blamed food costs increasing 22% and wage rates increasing 33% over the past two years for its financial troubles. Burger King restaurants will close in Montevideo, Redwood Falls, north Moorhead, Alexandria, Long Prairie, East Grand Forks and one in Grand Forks.
The closures are spread throughout seven different states. Minnesota is the state that is impacted most, with nine different locations in the state alone set to close (or have already closed). At this time, there are no plans to close any more stores, according to Business Insider.
- Alexandria’s North Store: 209 Nokomis Street
- East Grand Forks: 926 Central Avenue NE
- Fergus Falls: 528 Western Avenue
- Litchfield: 21 Depot Street
- Long Prairie: 205 Lake Street
- Montevideo: 586 Southwest 1st Street
- Redwood Falls: 516 East Bridge Street
- Moorhead: 100 21st Street North
- Willmar: 1611 US-12