According to a press release, Kenny Chesney is postponing the initial tour dates for his ‘Chillaxification’ Tour, including a stop in Minneapolis at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Chesney was quoted in the press release saying:
“You can’t take risks without really understanding the consequences,” explains the man hailed as “The King of the Road” by the Wall Street Journal. “In times of uncertainty, I won’t take chances with those I love. I can’t imagine, as much as we love being out there playing for the fans, being able to do that through the worry our nation is experiencing.
“So, while we wait to see how this terrible virus is going to impact our country, I think it’s only fair to move these first several dates now. We are figuring some of this out as we go, but I know people buy airline tickets, book hotel rooms – and I wanted to try to give everyone as much time to sort that out as possible.”
Here are all the dates that have currently been postponed.
- April 18 – AT&T Stadium Arlington, Texas
- April 25 – Miller Park Milwaukee, Wis.
- May 2 – U.S. Bank Stadium Minneapolis, Minn.
- May 7 – iThink Financial Amphitheatre West Palm Beach, Fla.
- May 9 – Raymond James Stadium Tampa, Fla.
- May 13 – BankPlus Amphitheater Southaven, Miss.
- May 14 – Brandon Amphitheater Brandon, Miss.
- May 16 – Mercedes-Benz Stadium Atlanta, Ga.
- May 22 – Minute Maid Park Houston, Texas
- May 23 – Alamodome San Antonio, Texas
- May 28 – Blossom Music Center Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio