If you’re looking for a fun way to kill some quarantine time with your kids, Lifehacker suggests coloring their hair with something that all the stores are sure to have in stock: Kool-Aid. Here’s how to do it:
- Mix the desired Kool-Aid color/flavor with hot water. Start with one packet, and a couple of teaspoons of hot water, and mix. You may have to add more packets or water, depending on the hair and how vibrant you want the color.
- Keep the colors separate. Tie off sections of the hair to keep the multiple colors apart.
- Use a towel and a bowl. Have the kid lie back on a towel and dip the section of hair you want colored into bowls of the Kool-Aid for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and set. Use cool water in the shower or sink to rinse, and air or blow-dry to set.
- That’s it! The color should begin to fade in a couple of weeks.