On February 8, 2022 at about 6:17 PM Amanda Baas called 911 reporting her house was on fire and everyone was outside. Douglas County Sheriff’s deputies and the Alexandria Fire Department responded. The Garfield Fire Department was later summoned for mutual aid. Amanda and her husband, Michael, reported an electrical breaker tripped in the house and they were unable to fix it. Shortly after, they reported a “hot, electrical” smell upstairs. Michael found flames in the attic and used two fire extinguishers without success. At that time, they called 911 and left the house.
There was nothing suspicious about the fire and it’s believed to have been caused by an electrical issue. North Ambulance was also on scene as a precaution.