On Friday the 13th the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train is rolling into Minnesota!
Its annual ride through the northern U.S., bringing live entertainment and Christmas cheer in exchange for donations to local food banks.
On Friday the 13th the train will make these stops:
- Glenwood, 10 a.m.
- Alexandria, 11:30 a.m.
- Detroit Lakes, 2:30 p.m.
- Mahnomen, 4:20 p.m.
- Plummer, 6 p.m.
- Thief River Falls, 7:30 p.m.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Follow Food Banks Canada’s heart-healthy donation recommendations and bring:
- Grain Products – whole grain bread, brown rice, whole wheat crackers, hot and cold cereals, granola bars, muffins
- Vegetables and Fruit – canned fruit and vegetables, 100% fruit juice, tomato sauce, canned soup, tomato juice, and applesauce
- Milk Products – dry milk powder, milk puddings, cheese spreads, fresh milk, yogurt, and cheese (if accepted)
- Meat and Alternatives – canned meat and fish, peanut butter, canned baked beans, dried or canned beans and lentils
- Reduced sodium canned and jarred goods are preferred
- Check with your community’s food bank to learn if they accept fresh produce