Classic start to a great scary story or the perfect forecast to visit a Haunted House.
Kik Country has some of the best haunts around. Here’s some you and the crew might want to check out if you dare:
- Henning Annual Haunted House, downtown Henning.
- Dates: Oct.18th and Oct.25th, 7pm to 10pm
- Admission $5.00
- I’ve been to this one. Well worth the drive! More info:http://facebook.com/henninghauntedhouse
- Fright Nights Haunted House in Glenwood.
- Dates: Fridays and Saturdays through the month of October. 7pm-10pm in the basement of the old Glenwood High School 105 3rd Ave. NE
- Cost $15.00 and Free Parking
- A community trick or treat (non-scary) from 4-6pm. General public 7pm on Halloween, Oct.31st
- More info:http://glenwoodlakesarea.org
- Monster Manor in Sauk Centre at the Stearns County Fairgrounds
- Dates: Oct. 18th & 19th and Oct. 25th & 26th 7pm-10pm
- Cost: $10.00 per person. No one age 5 and under allowed
- More Info: http://saukcentrechamber.com
- Fear Factory in Wadena at the Wadena County Fairgrounds, 400 Ash Ave. NW.
- Dates: Fridays and Saturdays starting Oct.11th and 12th from 7pm-11pm. Open Halloween, Oct. 31st also
- More info:http://facebook.comwadenacountyfairgrounds
Here’s my safety tips when visiting a Haunted House:
- Check age restrictions! Know how everyone in your crew reacts when they get scared. Example: I start laughing and stomp my feet. If you’re behind me, hope you are wearing steel toed boots.
- Match up a tall person with a short person in case they are a screamer this will save your hearing.
- Wear a heavy duty belt! You may have to pull someone along.
- Don’t forget to pack a plushy like a teddy bear for the “Your squeezing me to tight!”.
- Other than that Have fun and enjoy a good scare!