- This event has passed.
SFA Annual Conference
February 12 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Timely, Farmer-Led Education and Networking: SFA Annual Conference is Feb. 12 in St. Joseph
Find opportunities to build farm resiliency, learn how to scale up your garlic production and marketing, see examples of winter feeding, and much more at the Sustainable Farming Association’s (SFA) Annual Conference, set for 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sat., Feb. 12, 2022, at the College of Saint Benedict in Saint Joseph, Minn.
With over a dozen farmer-led sessions – many chosen by SFA members – as well as children’s programming, an afternoon social, trade show and more, the SFA Conference provides relevant, accessible education for all farmers, growers, chefs, food buyers, eaters and anyone interested in local food.
Other session topics include:
- Pastured Pork and Poultry Production
- Conservation Resources for Your Farm
- Elderberry and Hazelnut Development, Production, and Marketing
- Halal Meat Production
- The Changing Landscape of Meat Processing and Slaughter in Minnesota
- Drying Down: Gleaning Wisdom after Debilitating Drought
- Climate Change is Here
- Growing for Seed
- Farm Scale Winter Greenhouse: The Affordable Solution to Year-long Crop Production
SFA members may register for just $60 and nonmembers $80 through Feb. 11, 2022; Emerging farmers may register for free. Bring the whole family! All-day children’s programming for ages 5-12 will be available for just $10/child.
SFA Annual Conference sponsors include Lakewinds Co-op, Compeer Financial, Minnesota Ag Water Quality Certification Program, Minnesota Farmers Union, Renewing the Countryside, Albert Lea Seed, Mississippi Market Co-op, High Island, Solar Farm, and Beaver Island Brewing Co.