On January 25, 2021 at approximately 2:03 a.m., the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a house fire at 17484 E Lake Vermont Rd NE in Miltona Township. The homeowners woke up and discovered smoke and visible flames from the eaves of the house. All of the occupants were able to safely get out of the house. Deputies and the Miltona Fire Department responded and requested assistance from the Leaf Valley Fire Department and Parkers Prairie Fire Department. The fire is believed to have been caused by a wood burning stove inside the residence. The house sustained significant damage. The American Red Cross has been contacted and will be offering assistance to the victims.
Responding agencies included the Miltona Fire Department, Leaf Valley Fire Department, Parkers Prairie Fire Department and Parkers Prairie Ambulance.