Dog Starts Kitchen Fire by Turning on Microwave

On Monday in Essex County, England, firefighters responded to a house fire that they soon discovered was caused by a Husky dog that had inadvertently turned on the microwave. Unfortunately for the pooch, a package of bread rolls was inside the machine and caught fire. Thankfully, the dog was not injured and the homeowner was not home. “Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging,” a fire department spokesperson said in a press release. “Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think.”