KIKV-FM 100.7 – Central Minnesota’s Best Mom Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH NOMINEE AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility – The KIKV-FM 100.7 – Central Minnesota’s Best Mom Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents of Minnesota and located within the Alexandria Minnesota listening area who are moms of someone who has nominated her by tagging her per Official Rule #3 below (a “Nominee”). PLEASE NOTE: The nominator of the Nominee will NOT be the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be the Nominee who was properly nominated in accordance with Official Rule #3 below. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Employees of HBI Radio Alexandria, LLC and its stations KIKV-FM 100.7, 604 3rd Avenue West, Alexandria, MN 56308 (“Sponsor”), HBI Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes nominee’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period – The Promotion begins at 10:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on April 18, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 8, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Nominate Your Mom – To nominate your mom for this contest, visit the KIKV-FM 100.7 page on Facebook during the Promotion Period, comment on the Promotions post by telling us why your mom should win, and tagging your mom in the post. You must both “comment” and tag your mom on the post in order to receive an entry into the Promotion.
All comments/tags (hereinafter, a “Nomination”) must be posted by 11:59:59 PM CT on May 8, 2018 to be included in the Promotion. Limit: one (1) Nomination per person/email address. Anyone attempting to get more than one (1) Nomination may be disqualified from the entire Promotion at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- How to Win – All Nominations will be posted on the Facebook page during the Promotion Period where the public can vote for their favorite Nomination by “Liking” the Nomination (hereinafter, a “Vote”). The Nomination with the most Votes at the end of the Promotion Period will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will randomly select the Grand Prize winner from among all tying Nominations. Odds of being the Grand Prize winner depend on the number of eligible Nominations there are during the Promotion Period.
Limit of one (1) Vote per person per day during the Promotion Period. Sponsor is not responsible for Votes not received or for other difficulties with the voting system due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delay, computer difficulties or malfunctions, or other technological problems. Votes generated by script, macro, bot, fraud, or other automated means will be disqualified and not count. No one may offer to sell Votes (or offer to be paid, whether in currency, in kind or other form of compensation, for Votes). The use of automated or third party software or website to participate in the Voting is prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Nomination’s Votes, or the Nominator, cast in violation of the above restrictions.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A $100.00 gift card from each of the following vendors: Elden’s Fresh Foods, Elden’s Downtown Floral, County Line Off Sale, Central Lakes Restaurant and Supply, Fantastic Sams, Karrow Jewelry, Hart Travel, Andria Theatre, All Star Sports Bar & Grill, and Dean R. Anderson Dentistry. ARV: $1,000.00. Gift cards/certificates are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the cards/certificates, including, but not limited to, any expiration dates, if applicable. Prizes are non-transferrable, may not be sold, and may not be exchanged for cash. Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible to pay all local, state and federal taxes associated with the Grand Prize.
A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities. Sponsor may substitute any prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Claiming the Prize – The Grand Prize winner must claim his/her prize in person, the prize must be claimed at the KIKV-FM 100.7 Studios, 604 3rd Avenue West, Alexandria, MN 56308, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to KIKV-FM 100.7 (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each nominee agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Promotion, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an nominee’s participation in the Promotion and/or nominee’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by nominees, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Promotion; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from nominee’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, nominee agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will nominee be permitted to obtain awards for, and nominee hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the nominee and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Minnesota, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- Winners’ List/Official Rules – For the name of the winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before May 15, 2018, to Winners List, Central Minnesota’s Best Mom Contest, KIKV-FM 100.7, 604 3rd Avenue West, Alexandria, MN 56308. For a copy of these Official Rules, see Website until June 8, 2018.
- Sponsors – HBI Radio Alexandria, LLC and its station KIKV-FM 100.7, 604 3rd Avenue West, Alexandria, MN 56308