Cancellations due to the precaution of COVID-19:
- Alex Brick & Stone in Alexandria has implemented the following practices for their business due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Hours Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Please call ahead to make appointments for showroom visits as we are trying to limit the amount of people in the store at one time: 320-762-0742
- All product pick-ups will be handled outside of the office and warehouse.
- The Viking Plaza Mall in Alexandria will close today, March 20th at 3:00 p.m. They plan to reopen March 27th pending the situation. Mall walking is also suspended for the time being.
- As of March 19th Pope County has closed ALL Pope County buildings to the public during the health related State of Emergency related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Pope County officials and staff will remain on duty during this public closure to continue addressing necessary County business. You are encouraged to use mail, phone calls, emails and other electronic means to conduct business with the County. The Pope County website is: co.pope.mn.us or you can call: 320-634-7700.
- First Lutheran Church of Kensington is cancelling all activities including Lenten services, Confirmation, Sunday school and Worship services through April 5th.
- The Alexandria Covenant Church worship services will be Live Stream ONLY until further notice. Streaming on Sundays at 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. and also at 6:00 p.m. Visit the website at: alexandriacovenant.org.
- Zion Lutheran Church in Alexandria will be cancelling all of their church services through March 29th.
- Calvary Lutheran Church in Alexandria has cancelled all worship services until further notice. However, you can view the service at 9:00 a.m. online at: calvaryalex.org, on Facebook, Charter Channel 181 and/or listen on radio station 99.3 FM.
- Effective Thursday, March 19th the lobby at Neighborhood National Bank in Alexandria will be closed to walk-in traffic until further notice to do their part in reducing the spread of COVID-19. Drive-up service will continue Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. They will provide in-office scheduled appointments for customers as needed with Lenders or Personal Bankers and will observe social distancing protocols during appointments.
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Alexandria is suspending all Sunday Worship Services, Sunday School and Wednesday Evening Lenten Services through April 4th. The plan is to resume Sunday, April 5th.
- Lutheran Social Services announce that there will be NO congregate dining at their sites. You can call ahead for takes outs. Home delivered meals will be delivered as usual, but Thursday Evening deliveries will be delivered at the usual NOON delivery times for the next couple of weeks. Any questions or concerns, call Hilltop Regional Kitchen at: 218-738-5563 between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Pope County asks public to avoid non-essential visits to county buildings due to COVID-19 concerns. The Pope County Board of Commissioners adopted Resolution 202007, strongly encouraging members of the public to use alternative means of conducting non-emergency County business instead of in-person visits to County buildings. Those needing to conduct County business should email or call ahead at 320-634-7700 to County offices before coming in to any facility to determine whether they can be helped without having to visit in person.
City of Alexandria Operations during COVID-19 Pandemic:
- City Hall will remain open, but closed to public foot traffic. If you need to drop something off, there will be a dropbox in front of the building at the Broadway entrance. Staff will be monitoring this drop box during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff can assist you by phone or email. A complete list of employees is on our website at: http://www.alexandriamn.city/city-staff-contacts/
- Police Department: the lobby at the Alexandria Police Department will be closed to public foot traffic. It will continue to be staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The interior vestibule will be open and wars. There is a phone on that wall that will direct you to assistance. Please remember, if you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Fire Station: is closed to public foot traffic. Please ring the doorbell or call the station and staff can assist you.
- Liquor Stores: will remain open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. We strongly encourage customers to practice social distancing in the store.
- Public Works – Streets: this department remains open, but closed to public foot traffic. Staff can assist you by phone or email. 320-815-8439.
- Public Works – Parks: this department will remain open, but closed to public foot traffic. Staff can assist you by phone or email. 320-760-2928.
- Runestone Community Center: is closed and will remain closed until March 27th. Staff can assist you by phone or email: 320-298-0319.
- Airport: is open for normal business hours, but is practicing social distancing protocols.
- Lenten Services for First Lutheran Church of Kensington and Lincoln Lutheran Church in Hoffman have cancelled for Wednesday, March 18th.
- Grace Lutheran Church in Brandon and Faith Lutheran Church in Evansville will Live Stream services for Sunday’s at 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday’s at 7:00 p.m.
- First Lutheran Church of Kensington is cancelling all activities through March 27th. The Pastor will be at the Church on Sunday, March 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for a time of prayer.
- Knights of Columbus has cancelled all events, including Bingo for the month of March
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, Habitat Douglas County will be closed for business through March 29th. The following operations will be suspended during this time:
- Habitat Douglas County Office: will be closed to the public. Staff will be available through email and telephone.
- ReStore and ReStore Donation Center: will be closed through March 29th
- Volunteers: cancelling all volunteer shifts through April 13th at the earliest
- Events: Cancelled through May 10th, including: Women Build Kick-Off, Crew Leader Breakfast, Hard Hat Breakfast and Home is the Key Luncheon
- ALL schools in the state of Minnesota will be closed beginning Wednesday, March 18th through Friday, March 27th. Please check with your school district as some schools have opted to close beginning today, Monday, March 16th.
- The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce has cancelled the following upcoming programs and events:
- Monday, March 16th – Noontime Knowledge at Broadway Ballroom
- Friday, March 20th – Wake Up Alexandria at Diamond Willow
- Thursday, March 26th – Off the Clock at Elite
- Friday, April 3rd – Wake Up Alexandria at Lind Family Funeral Home
- The University of Minnesota Extension announces effective Monday, March 16th that all in person local, regional and statewide Extension meetings, events and classes are cancelled. The cancellation is in place through Tuesday, March 31st.
- St. John’s Parish in Meire Grove has cancelled their Annual Chicken Supper that was scheduled for Sunday, April 5th.
- The Vikingland Library Book Mobile has suspended all stops through Friday, March 27th.
- ALP Utilities is closing their office to public access effective Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. ALP will be conducting business as normally as possible.
- The Scandinavian Meatball Dinner scheduled for Saturday, March 21st at the Alexandria Senior Center has been postponed. It will reschedule at a later date.
- The Alexandria Senior Center has closed as of Monday, March 16th. The Meals on Wheels program will continue to deliver meals to those who already receive meals. However, congregate dining at the Senior Center is cancelled.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17th veterans seeking services from Douglas County Veterans Service Office are asked to call the office or make inquiries by email rather in-person visits. Jake Turner and Rhonda Fuchs remain available at: 320-762-3883. Their email is: jacobt@ co.douglas.mn.us and email@example.com
- Effective Friday, March 20th the Douglas County Library will be closed to the public. The current plan is to reopen on Wednesday, April 1st. The exterior book drop will remain open for book returns. Library staff will continue to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pope/Douglas Solid Waste will be following recommendations to enact social distancing and to limit access to “non-essential” services until further notice.
The following services/facilities will be restricted and /or closed – until further notice:
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility and related services
- Reuse Room and related services
- Administrative Office and related services
- Confidential Burn Programs for household and business
- Community Events and Zero Waste Programs and related services
- Green Warriors program and related services
- Recycling Drop Off Center and related services
Services and/or facilities – remaining open until further notice:
- Recycling Drop Off Center and related service
- Waste-to-Energy Facility – contracted haulers
- Special Burn Programs (Specialty Burns)
Limited assistance will be available at the Recycling Drop Off Center to maintain social distancing of 6 feet between site visitor and Recycling Attendant.
Unsolicited sales or vendors will be restricted.
To stay informed on this evolving situation visit online at: popedouglasrecycle.com or call: 320-763-9340
ALEXANDRIA COMMUNITY EDUCATION
ALL Community Education youth, adult enrichment and recreation programming starting, Monday, March 16, will be suspended through March 27. We are working through the refunding process if you were registered for a class.
Adult Basic Education will continue at this time with social distancing.
Early Childhood Screening will move forward for today, March 16.
Questions? Call 320-762-3310
ANDRIA THEATRE is postponing all remaining performances of “Frozen.” Future performance dates TBD.
DOUGLAS COUNTY LICENSE BUREAU is asking everyone to do as much online as possible, to prevent people standing in lines due to the Coronavirus.